Standing and walking firmly are a prerequisite for mobility and independence in everyday life. With the SturzMobil initiative, a comprehensive fall prevention program is offered consisting of practice-oriented exercises, lectures by experts, activity recommendations in order to avoid falls as well as a performance and balance check.
- Fall prevention for the 60-plus generation
- Activity programs to improve:
- Muscle strength
- Action / reaction
- Falling correctly
- Specialized video clips (IPTV)
- Correct design of the home environment – modifications at home to minimize the risk of falling
- Lectures from experts (occupational therapy discipline / Wiener Neustadt)
- Exercises for fall prevention – with fun and games. Prevention in a completely new package
Particularly in old age, falls represent a significant health risk that many do not consider enough. Studies prove that about 1/3 of all people 65 or older fall at least once a year. 60 to 70% of these falls occur in the home environment.
That is why it is even more important to deal with the topic of falling early enough to minimize risk factors and prevent them accordingly. It is essential that fall prevention gains greater importance and adequate aid is provided.